Friday, January 20, 2012

Lucky girl

This has been a long and challenging week at our house.  My husband has been out of town for a school related to his work, so the boys and I have been on our own.  I realized last night just how much I really miss my husband when he is gone.  We will celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary in June and we've only been apart like this a handful of times.  Over the course of our dating and marriage we have unveiled many things about one another.  In the beginning, the bathroom door was always closed when taking care of stinky business.  Now business gets taken care of while I'm in the shower....sigh....and what about turning on the exhaust fan?  The man who used to make no bake cookies and clean up the mess can't seem to find the trash for his diet Dr. Pepper can.  Perhaps its because I have so stealthly hidden the trash can under the sink in the kitchen.  Darn cabinet doors hiding things.  Really though, he has many good qualities about him and thank goodness those overshadow the little irritations. 
There is something about being home alone all night that gives me the creeps.  Why is it that every little noise is 20 times louder than usual?  The ice maker that dumps every few hours, suddenly sounds like someone's busting through my garage door and that restful, peaceful sleep (when he wears his c-pap) is non-existent.  There is something so safe about having my husband in the house that I have taken for granted all this time.  Jesus and I have talked a lot this week.  I tend to do that when I get scared.  I think we all have that tendency though.  The awesome thing about it is that when I asked for a comfortable nights sleep, I got it last night.  I may not have had my husbands' strong arms around me but, I did have the arms of Jesus protecting me and my boys.  I could feel the worry lift off of me during my nightly prayer.
My husband comes home today and while I have enjoyed the toilet staying clean all week, the laundry being caught up and no dirty dishes in the sink, I am ready for him to be home.  I am truly a lucky girl.  Starting Monday I won't have to make my son's lunch in the morning (Matt does that) and I do so appreciate it.  And, I won't have to worry about the bills or checkbook since he tends to all of that.  So I guess for all of the things he does that annoy me, there are twice as many things he does that I am grateful for.  This week has helped me realize just how important the husband and wife relationship is.  In Genesis chapter 2 the Bible tells us that God said "it is not good for man to be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him."  So God created Eve from a rib from Adams' side.  From the beginning of creation man and woman were to be together and I totally understand why.  Men and women compliment one another and the weakness of one may be the strength of the other.  I find myself anticipating the return of my helpmate more and more with each passing hour.

Blessings to all,
Latasha

No comments:

Post a Comment