Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Fit for the King

Fitness is a part of my everyday life.  Well, I guess I should say that I try to make it part of my everyday life.  I’m not always successful but I do at least try.  As a mother I try to teach my children the importance of eating healthy foods and getting physical activity daily.  I encourage a lot of playing outside!  This also ensures that when it’s time for bed, so are the kids!  I make every attempt to have at least 30 minutes of physical activity every day for myself.  I love to run but, not when it’s cold outside <grin>, there is just something about not being able to feel my nose when I run and sucking the cold air in my throat that keeps me from enjoying it.  So sometimes I have to make adjustments, like many of you.  I will use the elliptical, do a workout video, or just my own mix of strength training exercises in my living room with dumbbells.  Our bodies are our workhouses for the Lord and we must take care of them.  Eat good foods, exercise our hearts, and maintain our muscles.  That way we can be at our best when it comes to His service.  Part of keeping our bodies in shape is keeping our minds in a positive place as well.  The best way I have found to do this is by beginning my day with a Bible study.
The best part of studying the Bible is that you don’t always have to have the answers.  There are so many times that I will read a chapter or a few verses and I may not have a clue what it is that God wants me to learn.  So I turn to prayer and ask that He reveal the lessons to me.  Without fail He always does.  Through an event in my day or a conversation with another person, somehow Jesus speaks to my heart and I am stronger for this.  Proverbs 24:5 tells us, “a wise man is strong, yes, a man of knowledge increases strength….”  I used to think that was referring to physical strength and actual knowledge through schooling of some sort.  However, I am learning that God is speaking of spiritual strength and the knowledge of the Bible.  Wisdom in the Lord is the most important kind to have.
Even if you have never studied the Bible before it's easy to open it up and get going.  Like I had posted before, there are so many apps for smart phones and e-readers that the possibilities are endless for anyone interested in God's word.  There are also tons of places on the Internet to get started.  Somehow reading and studying allows me the chance to keep God's word in my heart to use whenever I need it!  I am still a child in the Word but, every day is another step toward gaining knowledge and strength.
Blessings to all,
Latasha

1 comment:

  1. You have always been the health nut!! I am so glad that you are because it keeps me in check and helps me re-evaluate myself daily!! Love you girl, Anita

    ReplyDelete