Sunday, January 22, 2012

Designed for HIS Purpose!!!

Teenagers are a breed of their own! Having 3 girls, we have so much drama at our house, it is incredible! I am learning so much about them, it's nauseating, at times. :) I told my 2 oldest the other day, after an argument brewed out, that they were going to have to be patient with their parents. I said, " We have never been parents of teenagers before, this is our first time to raise kids, 2 of you are teenagers,  and we are learning too!" They both looked at me funny, and laughed at me! I think it put things into perspective for them, and me. My oldest is almost 17 years old and dealing with finding out who she is and what her future is to be. My middle daughter is 13, so she is just now entering this transitional phase of finding out who she is and her journey.

I have told each of them, "be who the Lord designed you to be- never wavering or deviating from the path he wants you individually to go down. Your path was meant for you!" This has seemed to be tough for them and I can only imagine being a teenager these day and ages! Peer pressure, parental influence, and spiritually influence, drama and hormones. How incredibly overwhelming!! I wrote out a scripture verse for each of them,  placed on their mirrors in their rooms, to look at and read over and over. Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know, the plans I have for you," says the Lord. " They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

I realize as their parent, that the coach and I can only do so much when it comes to our kids. Trusting in the Lord for his will in their lives, not ours. He will have to do the rest! Our kids were given to us, as  precious loans. They are not mine! These are the Lord's children. He has designed each of us for his purpose and plans. I will try very hard to do my part, because I will have to give an account for everything, one day! I have often thought? When I do go before the Lord at his Throne, for my judgement, What will I be asked? This scares me because I do not want any stone left unturned!! I want the Lord to be gracious and say, "Well done, good and faithful servant!"

Have a blessed day, Anita :)

No comments:

Post a Comment