Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Frustration and Staying Positive through GRACE!!!!

My heart just hurts watching my 16 year old daughter's frustration. Tearing her ACL in her right knee over a week ago, awaiting appointments, surgery and healing has been a struggle for her. She is a perfectionist and does not do well with change. I see her impatience. We all seem to want things "yesterday," and having to wait for anything can test us beyond what we think we are made of. God's mercy is perfect and unfailing! My mother used to tell me as a teenager, "Anita, God does not ever put anymore on your shoulders than he feels that you can handle." There are many times when I pray and ask God to exchange my frustration and replace it with an attribute he wants me to exhibit in my thoughts and mood. I stop, ask, and WAIT!
His timing is always perfect. God's mercy and tenderness falls down on us like a sweet gentle rain. I find myself feeling so frustrated for my daughter but know that with all things, God works it for his good and purpose. We may not understand the whys or the reason but we are being taught and molded along the way. To express this to my teenage daughter has been difficult, at times. They see things in the here and now. She considers this to be a tragedy in her life, I on the other hand see it is a disappointment but also am thankful and blessed. It could always be so much worse.

I watch her little sisters and how they have become patient, understanding and wanting to help her with everything. This irritates her and she gets very frustrated with having to depend on others for her daily needs. Her crutches have limited her somewhat in her ability to do some of the smallest things. This is real and it is Dependency!!! It is only for a time, a season, and with time, patience and hard work she will recover! I smile to myself. I still have not quite convinced her. :)

The lesson for all this:
Depending on God for every need! Letting him lead your life and depending on him to provide every need and want is surrendering to him. I am learning this daily in my own life. I want to try and fix things myself. Oh, boy can he do such a better job than I ever could. I have told my children that with any frustration they go through that " God loves you and wants to hear your frustrations. He loves you more than I could ever love you! Pray about it and let him comfort you." Sometimes I get those looks, "the rolling of the eyes and deep sighs." Other times they look at me in wonder and curiosity. I tell them TRY IT and see what happens! :)

Have a blessed day, Anita

2 comments:

  1. Amen, Way to go Anita, you hit it right on the nail.

    Great job!
    Auntie Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! You have been such an inspiration to me in my life. Love you!

      Delete