Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Kitchen Service!

My oven has been non-functioning for several weeks now. I guess I took this valued appliance for granted, I don't anymore! I have had to come up with meals that do not require an oven. I love to bake and I have missed it. Crock pot or Stove top? Hhmmm? Wonder if the coach and the girls would mind eating cereal for supper? Hah! I can assist in saving your life in the ER, assist in delivering a baby, bake a really good cake. Just don't expect good results with something like fixing an oven. :) This would be my husbands department.

After prodding the coach  to finally look at the oven, he said it was the heating element that was out and he would order the part and fix it. I love my husband dearly. He has added so much to my life. He thinks anything can be fixed with either bobbed wire or gray tape, so I was surprised that he didn't attempt it!! What can I say, an Oklahoma farm boy, born and breed!! I still pray for him! Grrrrh!

Just a tiny obstacle that I have to overcome. It's so frustrating when just the littlest of things quits or malfunctions. It throws everything else into a kink. I often wonder if I am being tested with these little pesky occurrences? I could pray all I wanted for the oven to start working again. Knowing that it was the heating element that was ruined, I knew that it was going to take actual physical labor to have it up and running again. That's life, isn't it?

I come from a family that had a deep passion for cooking and baking. I spent many harvest days in the kitchen with my mother, aunts and cousins. I watched as these women served the people they loved through preparing meals. They loved every minute of it and so did I, watching, learning and listening to them. As a wife and mother, I love to prepare meals for my family. When I serve them, I am also serving the Lord. The limited time we have during ball season as a family is precious and valued. Its very important to me and I do it with a giving heart. I think about Mary and Martha welcoming Jesus into their home. Martha was so busy preparing the meal and Mary sat a Jesus feet. Each serving him in their own way. I think my oven went out for a reason? I needed to be spending more time at Jesus feet and he found a way to get me there. :)

Have a blessed day, Anita

4 comments:

  1. You have such a way with words! Talk about putting it all in perspective! You hit it girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your a sweetie!! Could have added a whole lot more but no one wants to read a book. Hah

      Delete
  2. We do if it is a gd one. I have sioooooo many gd memories of preparing those summer harvest hot meals served in the field from the trunk of ur Mom's car. That was true tailgate party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of it as tailgating! LOL! Yes, alot of good memories that I will have forever!

      Delete