Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Worry....why?

I tend to be a bit of a worrier sometimes.  I concern myself with all sorts of things throughout the course of the day.  I worry about the kids at school, I worry about my spouse, I worry about how other people may view me as a person, am I getting enough done throughout the day, I worry about work and money....who doesn't do that on a daily basis, right?  Well, this morning I prayed and opened my Bible to a passage that really worked on my heart.  I like to read in the book of Psalm a lot.  There are passages for everything in there.  Today I was led to Psalm 41.  I underline things in my Bible from time to time when my heart feels the need.  As I was reading this Psalm, I turned the page and found that I had apparently read this before and underlined some important verses.  Reading over these again I felt a renewed sense of God's presence in my life.

David acknowledges God's power, seeks forgiveness, tells of his troubles, and praises God for His mercy and love.  The verses that stood out for me were 41:10-13.  "But you, O Lord, be merciful to me, and raise me up, That I may repay them.  By this I know that you are well pleased with me, because my enemy does not triumph over me.  As for me, you uphold me in my integrity, and set me before your face forever.  Blessed be the Lord God of Israel from everlasting to everlasting!  Amen and Amen."

As I said before, I sometimes worry about how other people may view me as a person.  Do they think that I work hard, that I am a good mom or wife....or do they secretly judge me?  Clearly in God's word it states that "you uphold me in my integrity."  I looked up the word integrity in the Merriam-Webster dictionary and found some interesting definitions:

1) A firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values
2) An unimpaired condition
3) The quality or state of being complete or undivided

Perhaps the combination of the three is intriguing.  My enemy will not triumph over me whatever that enemy may be....worry, stress, work, people or any number of things.  Living for God is so rewarding.  I know what it means to me and I have found that as long as I hold fast to what I believe and what I am taught from the Bible then I really have nothing to worry about!

Blessings to all,
Latasha

"But, seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things.  Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."  Matthew 6:33-34

No comments:

Post a Comment