Friday, April 20, 2012

In His Presence!!!!

Sometimes paths are meant to be traveled down alone. I have been down many journeys in my life and the path I am currently on, is one to be accomplished by me, and me alone. Depending only on the Lord to guide me, not the opinions or advice of others. I have come to the conclusion that there is a huge difference in being still and doing nothing. The presence of the Lord can be felt, its learning to be still long enough to feel and see his presence.

Psalm 46: 10&11
"Be silent, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world." The Lord Almighty is here amoung us; the God of Israel is our fortress.

I had worked the night shift a couple of evenings ago. I usually call home prior to leaving work to check on the kiddos. My 8 year old answered the phone, "Hello mama!! How are you doing this morning?" I asked her how everything was going? Her response, "Good! I slept really good last night and I love you and miss you alot mama!"  I could hear her smile on her face. She by nature and temperment, is a  very happy child and I needed her joy this particular morning. Just moments before I had been holding a 3 year old girl in my arms while other medical staff poked and prodded. She cried and screamed and all I could do was comfort through words. The Lord knew that I needed to be calmed prior to my drive home and he did this through my daughter. I felt his presence on the drive home and I enjoyed the prayer time I had in the car. Needless to say, sleeping when I got home was much invited and easier this particular morning.

Feeling His Presence: This can be found in many areas of life. These just happen to be a few that are on my list.

A beautiful song. A poem. A conversation. A loving touch. A unexpected phone call. Nature ( Gods scenery is magnificent!)
Children laughing!

An older couple holding hands and walking together. I think this is so sweet!!!!

Tears! Yes, tears! God knows every tear we cry. Weddings and the birth of a child.

A beautiful sunset, a rainbow, gentle rains.

Hearing my kids call me mama! And remembering my sweet parents!

The Lord makes his presence know everywhere! Sometimes we just don't take the time to appreciate it or are blinded when He is right is front of us. Love you all! Have a great weekend!

Have a blessed day,
Anita

3 comments:

  1. When I opened up this page I smiled! She's back!! Your words give such peace and comfort. I wish you could see that. You are so talented and honest and humble. I love you for all that you are and I thank God every day that you are in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Doing what I know I have to do. Love you too.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete