Sunday, February 26, 2012

Viewing the Blessings of Life!!!!!

I asked the coach the other day, what he thought a "blessing" meant? How he viewed a blessing? I like to trip him up every once in awhile, and it makes things really fun for me at times. :) He is not a deep thinker, outwardly speaking and I am. His response, was simple " it's something good that happens." I went further saying what if the circumstances where much different and it was something bad, yet turned into something good? What about that? Would you still consider this a blessing? His response, "yes I would." Romans 8:28 " And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them."

Each of us has stories to tell of trials, blessings, and battles that we each have faced in our lives. My mom had a saying in her kitchen that I still have to this day. " Happiness is found along the way, not at the end of the road!" I think it is how one views the circumstance and then the end result? I chose to look at daily struggles and trials as blessings. I know without a doubt that God does not withhold anything, unless he has something perfect in mind later down the road. I have been in those valleys of life and sometimes feel I am there daily!

 The coach and I have been praying for a very long time for direction and for God to open doors in our family and his job. Its very easy to look at everyone else and see their blessings but when you are feeling like nothing is happening, it becomes difficult to realize the blessings when they do come. Little or big!!A blessing is a gift!!! Be grateful and thankful!!! So many can't or won't ever realize when they are blessed and they miss it.

I love photography!! I am learning more about it everyday. I am always trying to capture that one beautuful picture. I might take hundreds of photos to find only a few that are breath-taking!! Well, my middle daughter Katie has a hidden talent that we have come to discover!! She shot this beautiful photo of the Northwest Oklahoma sky one evening at our house! This is a blessing to me!!!

Have a great day everyone, Anita

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I LOVE to read your posts! I needed to hear this today. You are so right about blessings! Thanks again for putting it all in perspective. I love you all!!

    ReplyDelete